Sunday, March 23, 2008

Back to Basics

It has been a while since I posted a run. The reason I started this blog was to keep track of my runs. It has since strayed. Not that I have not been running but my running of late has been more of a quick task rather than an escape or enjoyment. That changed today. Today I was reminded on why I run. We all need an escape. A time to drop into an abyss and enjoy the world around us. Our world.

I heard the sounds of birds I have never heard before.
I raced a fuel tanker and lost as it entered the bay and went under the Golden Gate Bridge.
I saw tulips ready to burst into bloom under the windmills of Golden Gate Park.
I saw generations of old yelling silently at their bodies as they stretched and slapped old age in the face.
I passed fellow San Franciscan's as we smiled and said good morning as if we were both in on a little secret.
I felt the cold waters of the ocean, tasted the salt and mentally jumped in.

There has never been a real substitute for running. My feet in some magical form that separates me from the ground.
I am free.
I am running.

Quick reminder, as with all of my runs you can click on the title link to check out where I went courtesy of Google Pedometer. Thanks Google!

No comments: