Tuesday, August 31, 2010
According to Bundle.com, the typical San Francisco household spends the following sums monthly:
* Food and drink: $370 on groceries; $419 on restaurants and takeout
* Housing expenses, excluding mortgage or rent: $238 on home improvement; $179 on utilities; $107 on phone-related expenses
* Shopping and consumer goods: $231 on clothing and shoes; $482 on department stores and wholesale clubs; $54 on hobby-related purchases
* Gasoline: $148; auto loan payments and related expenses: $211
* Diversions: $293 on travel; $51 on cable or satellite TV; $96 on live entertainment, gaming and tourist attractions
* Insurance and services: $358 on insurance; $103 on prescriptions and doctor visits; $125 on school and childcare expenses; $110 on gym memberships, haircuts and other personal care-related services; $89 on charitable donations; $37 on pets
How do you compare? You can check out other cities on bundle by following the link.
Wednesday, August 04, 2010
Maybe The City is trying to keep a secret. It whispers around corners and through tunnels to only those delicate few willing to have the patience.
I never tire of the fog. I find it consoling, like the rain. It is another layer between me and the world. The light is softer. Sounds are muffled. It pushes one inward. Outside the fog horn comforts.