Wednesday, May 28, 2008

In-Laws No More


I know I have not written as many entries as I would like and I have not posted since Michelle's parents left. They stayed with us for a week after the wedding. Nice honeymoon. It was pleasant and enlightening having them around. I kept trying to get a feeling of what they thought of the U.S. and things here in the states. All I could get out of them was "goood" and "biiiiig". Michelle said they enjoyed themselves, especially seeing the Golden Gate Bridge since that was the only thing they knew about San Francisco. Besides hitting the SF biggies and Monterey I think another highlight was visiting an American supermarket.

I was also reminded of how isolated parts of the world are. Or to be more exact how large the generational and cultural gap is between us. Standing at Coit Tower looking at the Bay Bridge Michelle's father found it hard to believe that we crossed the bridge all the time. There were other instances of what I feel is basic world knowledge that had me scratching my head...and they were scratching their's upon seeing us on the computer getting information in a moment's notice. This, despite that fact that Korea (mainly just Seoul) is more connected than the U.S.

No comments: