Saturday, December 20, 2008

Good Morning

I am glad fewer people are out in the morning. Not to be selfish but I don't like sharing this perfect time of day with too many people. The streets are not crowded, the air is fresh and clean, you hear the sound of birds and critters instead of buses and bustle.

There is a certain comraderie among people who get up and enjoy the morning together. My run this morning took me to Baker Beach, nothing unusual there. Out of the five people I came across three of them said "good morning". A simple saying that may mean nothing to most, but to us morning worshipers it is secret password knowing we belong to a privileged fraternity of morning fans. If the freaks come out at night, what comes out in the morning? Whoever we are, we just hope the majority of you stay in bed.

No comments: