Tuesday, February 02, 2010

We Don't Run Alone

I run alone, or so I thought. With the exception of leading groups through marathon training programs I lace up the shoes and put in the miles by myself. I have come to realize no one is an island. No one runs in a vacuum. There is always someone watching you leave the house, dig it out, come back and do it again. There is always somebody who sees you on the street. The driver of the passing car, the shoppers at the store, the kids everywhere. We are inexorably entwined with each other's influence. We're more connected than we think and those action can theoretically help make healthier, fitter, and happier just by our contagious behavior. And it is not limited to running. Keep that in mind next time you walk outside. We never run alone.

No comments: