Sunday, June 18, 2006

Land's End - Sunday 6/18

I had one of those days where I felt like I could run forever. Today's run was just over 7 1/2 miles but the combination of gorgeous weather paired with a hearty breakfast did wonders.

I headed down to Land's End and the Coastal Trail. The Coastal Trail is one of the hidden treasures of The City, at least in the fact that it is less populated with locals and tourists than the Marina Green, Crissy Field and Ocean Beach as running venues. Along the way you pass Lincoln Park Golf Course and the Legion of Honor. The Coastal Trail also features several offshoots to explore as well.

You can check out the link showing my route.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=246349

One of the highlights for me is a quick diversion towards Fort Miley to check out the old Nike Missle site and the Octogon Lookout House.

A lot of people out today for a sunny stroll.

No comments: