Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Good Chopsticks, American


I just returned from Korea and I must say, I do believe I made us fellow Americans proud. I had plenty of meals with various Koreans and during each one somebody commented on my excellent chopstick skills. If they came away with one thing from my visit it may very well be the thought that us Yanks can handle the 'sticks. I am proud of this small yet important accomplishment.

Also, Koreans like to think their food is spicy. Well, after seeing more than one native turn away and cower from the heat, once again this Yank took it with an open mouth. Their so-called spicy food is nothing compared to hot wings at the Old Pro in Palo Alto or a tongue scorching bowl of chili at a chili cookoff.

I did get tired of sitting on the floor.

No comments: